Structural engineering for on-shore wind turbine foundations
CTE Wind presents its range of services and solutions to meet all your demands:
Geotechnical Consultancy :
- Verification of geotechnical interpretative reports to confirm if all necessary soil values are provided.
- Synthesis and grouping of soil values for foundation optimization for wind farms.
- Site Assessment to determine the required geotechnical site investigation campaign.
- Suporte na seleção de geotécnicos para o estabelecimento do relatório geotécnico.
- Procurement Support in the selection of geotechnical contractors for the establishment of the geotechnical report.
- Soil improvement solutions for low resistance soil conditions.
- Elaboration of the drilling plan to determine the geotechnical campaign for the implantation of the foundations.
- Complete geotechnical report, based on the drilling records, determine the geotechnical parameters and procedures to be performed for the foundations.
WTG Foundation Design:
- Designs following international standards and specific wind guidelines by respecting local country regulations.
- Preliminary designs (report and schematic drawing) to identify potential cost optimisations based on the geotechnical report and to compare required designs for different wind turbine models under consideration.
- Detailed designs (full structural report and construction drawings) based on our experience and the requirements of turbine manufacturers, ensuring a safe, reliable and economical design. Complete verifications including : loads, partial security factor, dynamic rotational stiffness, SLS and ULS, the analysis of fatigue loads and the calculation of reinforcements.
- Bankable reports: Designs which can be submitted for approval by the insurers, banks, manufacturers and others. We accompany our customers until the final validation with these organizations.
- Anchor cage design : detailed dimensioning including fatigue verification, grout determination, bolt post-tension forces and fabrication drawing.
- Design of all types of piles (driven, bored, etc.) adapted to different soil conditions including the geotechnical calculation to determine their length and allowable stresses.
- Innovative design solutions (high pedestal, soft-spot, rock anchor foundation, near-shore foundations and others). Engineering foundation solutions for turbine prototypes (i.e.: Offshore prototype, two-blade turbine, guyed mast, folding mast, etc…)
- Design Reviews/CAT III Checks: full independent calculations and cross checking against design by 3rd party consultant with proposal for improvement/optimization of these foundations if necessary.